Last Updated on January 8, 2023 by Kundan Sharma
If you are looking for an alternative to QuickBooks online.
It has more than 4.5 million users across the world, QuickBooks is one of the best end-to-end accounting solutions.
Comes with easy to use interface, top features, and seamless third-party integrations. QuickBooks is the best accounting software for small businesses, but it’s not sutable for everyone.
There are so many great QuickBooks alternatives for small business accounting.
In this article, I’m sharing the top accounting software alternative to QuickBooks. Also, discuss their features and pricing which help you to select the best accounting application for your business.
1. Zoho Books
Zoho Books is one of the best could based accounting software that offers lots of features like collaboration across departments to finance management.
Zoho is a powerful feature-rich alternative to QuickBooks, which comes with 50+ different reports that help you to automate your financial tasks.
Using it you will be able to send professional invoices to clients, create balance sheets, receive payment, get a profit and loss statement, cash flow statement, and more.
It also comes with the bird’s view of your financial management. Zoho is GST compliant, so you can be easily able to create GST invoices.
It has 40+ apps that you can integrate with Zoho Books to manage and run your business successfully in one place.
There’s also an option to fetch transactions from PayPal or Bank and reconcile your account quickly.
Zoho Books has an accounting client portal where you can share recent transactions, accelerate the estimate approvals process and capture feedback from customers. You will have the option to get bulk payment from clients as well.
- Zoho Books calculate automatically and manage invoices.
- It is a tex compliant web-based accounting software.
- Allows to get payment in bulk from clients
- You can send purchase orders and expense receipts.
- Zoho Books allows asking the feedback.
- Track inventory levels at all times.
- It allows to import bank statements in Zoho Books.
- Zoho Books automatically detects transactions that receive e-way billing.
Zoho Books basic plan is free. It comes with 3 paid plans; Standard, Professional, and Premium.
Standard: The plan starts from $15/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can manage up to 5,000 invoices, receive expenses, bulk updates, transaction locking, and track sales tax, and payment gateways.
Professional: $40/month again when billed annually. It has included everything in the Standard plan plus; bills, sales approvals, timesheet approval, project probability, stock tracking, and email, voice chat support.
Premium: The plan costs you $60 per month and includes everything in the Professional plan plus; 10 users, vendor portal, custom domain, custom button, budgeting, custom reports, Zoho sign integration, and more.
FreshBooks is an accounting automation software for small business and powerful automation of QuickBooks.
It started as a time tracking ad invoicing app but over the time it started managing projects.
FreshBooks is used by over 30 million people worldwide across 160+ countries. It is one of the best accounting software specially designed for small business owners and accountants.
It allows easy invoicing that takes only a few seconds to create. By using it you will never miss any expenses, allows you to input expenses from your bank account, snap receipt photos, and more.
FreshBooks comes with a collaboration option, so you can keep your team in sync in one place. It has a built-in report dashboard where you get data and insights into all your projects.
Freshworks lets you build client trust by adding communication and transparency in business. You will get options like client portal, contacts, file sharing, and project collaboration.
Freshworks is a complete bookkeeping solution for business, allowing to create balance sheet, general ledger, trial balance, cost of goods sold, and journal entries.
- Allows to double-entry accounting which saves resources.
- Sutable for small businesses and accountants.
- You can create an invoice in a few seconds.
- It tacks every dollar you spend.
- Insightful time tracking.
- Keep your conversions, files, and feedback at one place.
- Allow customers to pay directly through invoice.
- Project management and team collaboration features that save valuable time.
FreshBooks comes with 3 paid plans, there’s no free plan.
Lite Plan: The plan starts from $6/mo, it is sutable for professionals and allows to send invoices to up to only 5 clients.
Plus Plan: Starts from $10/month. It’s the most popular plan of FreshBooks and lets you bill up to 50 clients.
Premium Plan: Costs you $20/mo and is sutable for unlimited billing.
There’s also a custom plan offered by Freshbooks that is sutable for big businesses and enterprises. You can request a demo.
Bill is a popular software that helps to create and pay bills, send invoices, and get paid.
It digitizes your paper-based payable system and allows you to gather invoices from email and snap photo with a mobile app.
It also streamlines and customizes your workflows and bills payment.
Besides it, you can get paid faster with a wide range of payment options such as payments, credit card, check, and wire transfer.
Bill.com provides a very easy-to-use dashboard that lets you track bill approvals, payments in, and bills to pay.
It’s a wonderful cloud-based software to automate your bills payment and save your valuable time. Bill easily integrates with other accounting software like QuickBooks, Saga, and Xero.
- Bills use AI to automate dashboard entry.
- Multiple ways to import invoices in no time.
- It supports multiple payment gateways credit card with transfer and check.
- Offer multiple billing templates to choose from.
- It allows you to set up timely, recurring invoices for regular customers.
- 24/7 top-notch customer support.
Bill.com offers multiple plans that suit all business types.
Essential Plan: starts from $39 per month.
Team Plan: Starts from $49 per month.
Corporate Plan: Starts from $69 per month.
Enterprise Plan: This is the custom plan, sutable for big businesses.
4. Sage 50cloud Accounting
Sage is one of the best substitutes for QuickBooks and is sutable for small business. It is the most rated accounting software that helps you to spend less time on tasks.
It’s a complete cash flow, invoicing, solution analysis of invoicing, and outgoing cash flow.
Using the Sage 50cloud Accounting app you can connect your bank feeds to eliminate your data entry. It also lets you track advanced inventory management, which shows quantities of stocks.
With the help of it, users can also automate tax calculation, e-filling automate, and tax forms.
Besides all of these, it allows you to track profits, sales taxes, expenses and etc with one click.
- Automate customer management so you can start processing soon.
- Gives you an overview of inventory to track stock items.
- Helps to automate inventory and billing.
- You will be able to make purchase orders and expenses.
- One-click business reports.
- Simplify payment acceptances by connecting to bank feeds.
- Cashflow management.
It provides 3 pricing plans Pro, Premium, and Quantum.
Pro Plan: It costs you $33 per month which includes 1 user.
Premium Plan: Starts from $53 per month. If you want more than 1 user then you’ll have to pay extra.
Quantum Plan: Costs you $87 per month. In this plan, you get up to 40 users option.
5. Wave Accounting
Wave is one of the best bookkeeping software and QuickBook alternative too.
It offers a user-friendly dashboard where you can manage your income and expense and gives you access to track payroll, payments, and invoicing.
It’s the best solution for freelancers to manage their business by conducting services like invoice generation and management of finance.
Wave Accounting software helps to easily create and send professional invoices including advanced features such as automatic payment and recurring billing.
It’s friendly accounting software that does double data accounting too. Wave also has a mobile application which is avaliable for IOS and Android both.
When comes to security all of your bank and credit card details are encrypted at Wave.
- Gives you access to automatically track all your income and expense.
- Payroll integration to manage your business at ease.
- Comes with advanced features like recurring invoices and automated billing.
- Double-entry accounting software.
- You can complete invoicing and billing process on phone.
Wave Accounting is free for everyone. Unless you subscribe to any online payment application.
- 7 Best Leadpages Alternatives & Competitors for 2023
- 5 Top WPEngine Alternatives for Professionals
- 5 Best Affordable Canva Alternatives for 2023
- 7 Best SurveyMonkey Alternatives & Competitors
Xero is a small business accounting software and ideally less expensive than QuickBooks.
It’s a great alternative to QuickBooks because allows unlimited users in its lower plan. Xero imports your bank statements automatically, eliminates manual data entry & scanning, and tracks expenses receipts.
There’s a Gusto integration option to un your payroll duties.
If you looking to manage your inventory then it simply tracks complex inventory items and creates a report on them.
Xero accounting automation gets you some tools to conduct services like managing sales, reconciling accounts, purchase transactions, and project tracking.
It has everything you need to make it easier to run a business, and connect with third-party software such as Stripe and Vend.
That’s not enough, it allows you to choose from over 1,000 apps in the Xero app store.
Xero is safe and secure, and offers 24/7 online customer support.
- Sutable for small businesses, accountants, and bookkeepers.
- You will be able to see your invoices, contacts, and accounts on one dashboard.
- Easily syne bank and finance information automatically to do tasks like invoicing and reporting.
- Allows choosing from 1,000+ apps.
- Track your business at any time with Xero accounting app.
- 24/7 customer support.
Xero offers 30-day free trial. Besides this, it also offers three paid plans.
Early Plan: Starts at $ 12 per month.
Growth Plan: Starts at $34 per month.
Establish Plan: Starts at $65 per month.
7. AccountingEdge Pro
AccountingEdge Pro is a powerful business accounting software for mac office.
It has everything you need to manage your business such as track inventory, make sales, purchases, bills, and manage contacts.
Recently, they have added some additional new features and lots of enhancements to make your user experience better.
It’s a complete browser-based web application, so you can use it from any device which allows employees to enter data from anywhere.
AccountingEdge Pro let users to choose from 100 charts of account templates. The charts of accounting help you to track assets, liability, income, equities, and expenses.
AccountingEdge Pro also allows users to create double-entry journal entries for liabilities, assets, income, equity, and expense accounts.
It provides business insights that are used to calculate financial information like profits, turnover, and operating balance.
- Bill your customer for time-based or activity rate.
- It allows to track inventoried or non-inventoried items
- Let’s you download your banking and credit card statement into AccountingEdge Pro.
- Track your small business assets, liabilities, income, and expenses.
- Let the user do double-entry journal entries.
- AccountingEdge Pro is in compliance with GST, VAT, and Sales Tax.
- Track your customer’s contact information like emails, photos, addresses, and more.
AccountingEdge Pro basic plan starts from $359 for lifetime access with future updates.
I hope that this article helps you to get the right QuickBooks alternative.
There are a lot of accounting applications that provide free trials, or free plans, so you can easily test platforms for free.
It’s worth take some time and test accounting software to get the best and most sutable tool for your business requirement.
Let me know in the comments, which tool you pick!